Thursday, December 24, 2015

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas


Merry Christmas Eve everyone! Is anyone sick of hearing Christmas tunes playing at every retail location and holiday booths yet? I've been playing it nonstop on Pandora. Trans-Siberian Orchestra will always be my favorite. Even my cat is in the holiday spirit because he's always perched underneath the Christmas tree. So the weatherman says it will be 70's on Christmas Day. This perhaps will be the warmest Christmas in my entire life. Despite the lack of snow, I hope that you all get to enjoy it beside your loved ones accompanied by some deliciously awesome food. I'll still be churning out desserts today and tomorrow for any last minute peeps (or people who just want a place to chill with friends). One more week of busting my chops in the kitchen and then I'll be hopping onto a plane that is headed to Curaçao! Super exciting stuff. This will be my first time stepping foot onto an island. Not only that, I will also get to visit my fellow Le Cordon Bleu alumni friend, Luigi, who operates his own pâtisserie over there. Can't wait to stuff my face with his desserts and everything else the island has to offer. Get to check out the beaches and its clear blue waters. Did I mention that I'm afraid of water and cannot swim? I bought a swimsuit just to fit in. 

Anyway, with the year coming to a close soon, I just wanted to get a blog entry in here. I remember 5 years ago during this time, my boyfriend came to visit me. It was his first time at Paris and he hated it because of how cold and icy it was! Definitely not an ideal time to travel there but if you'd like to avoid crowds of tourists, winter is the best time to go. Even though I barely had any heat in my studio apartment, I remember feeling very warm inside to have someone familiar to me be in the same room as I. Oh gosh, I was suffering major withdrawal when he left though! Especially with the oncoming months of lonely cloudy days. Talk about seasonal affective disorder. Luckily, this time around we'll be somewhere warm and not icy. He has been pretty dedicated to the shop on top of his regular 9-5 job. It's about time that he gets some rest in, even if it will just be for one week. Heck, my body and brain wants to rest too. To think we haven't even been opened for an entire year yet. Man, we're old.

Don't miss us too much. Maybe I'll have created some new items with a cleared state of mind while we're away for the new season. Until 2016 everyone. May you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year filled with love and happiness (and of course, desserts).

No comments:

Post a Comment