Monday, August 16, 2010

Food and Farewells



As it is my last week here in NY, I have been meeting up with a few friends here and there. And with friends comes my favorite activity: eating! I'm surely going to be missing some of these places that I am about to list for your reference. Send me care packages please?


Sugar Sweet Sunshine has some pretty tasty and moist cupcakes. Oh, not to mention their trifles. It's situated in LES of Manhattan (on 126 Rivington St.). Quite thankful to Sally to have introduced me to it a few years back.

And here she is smiling because I cannot eat the strawberries from the strawberry-lemon trifle (which I am not posting up because I wasn't allowed to eat much of it, damn my food allergies!). She has always been my dessert buddy. We scurry everywhere in search of the best cupcakes and other confections. Just thinking of her makes me hungry. :P



Lady M (on 41 East 78th St)! I finally got to visit the actual store. Quite fancy from the outside and inside. I wish I had a polarizer lens filter for this shot (so that it kills off the reflection of the trees and buildings on the glass window) but I guess it gives it a city feel. Eh, try to rationalize the insignificance of a filter because I can't afford one now.


Anyway, they're known for the mille crepe but I felt like I should try their other cakes. And so I did. The verdict? Stick to the mille crepe. Not to say it didn't taste good but it wasn't up to par. Not for the price they charge for it anyway. Looks pretty good in the photo though, right? Texture was consistent, which was good. Flavors are not too sweet, which is another plus in my book.






This one is savory and not dessert. It's Mexican food! There's a few different tacos here but the one in focus is the steak one. Cascabel Taqueria (on 1542 2nd Ave). Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The food was flavorful (I actually didn't even eat the tacos, I ate some appetizer). Much better than what was served at Rosa Mexicano from Restaurant Week.


Anyway, I think this is running too long so to end it, here's a photo of a bunch of friends who went to the Mitsuwa Summer Festival and Bowling at Leisure Lanes with me two days ago. Fun times. :) Till next time! Maybe I'll be in France by then...

1 comment:

  1. I have to find an accomplice in France that will limit what you eat since I won't be able to do it anymore. =(

    I'll hold it down on this side of the world until you return. Then we can go hunting for sweets sans food you're allergic to.

    ReplyDelete