Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Transportation Dilemma

I have been debating on how to transport my 3 suitcases from CDG airport to the studio. My 2 options are taxis or shuttles (also known as vans).

TAXIS
They're more convenient and readily available as there's always a line of them outside the airport. You can take your dandy time collecting your luggage and that line will still be outside. But it's too confusing for me! The cost ranges from Rate A, Rate B, and Rate C. Each denoting a different time frame. Rate A is 10h to 17h (5pm), the cheapest I assume and also the time that I'll be needing it. Each day also has its own rates. Monday to Saturday incorporates the 3 rates. Holidays, Sundays, and Suburbs are Rate B and C only. Beyond the suburb is Rate C only. Where do I fall in this rate selection? I'm not so sure.

SHUTTLES
Multi-lingual! Not that I don't know how to say where I need to go in French. Super Shuttle and Parishuttle had some mixed reviews. Some customers claimed that their names were not listed on the roster even after they had paid for it (21€). So I looked into Shuttle-Inter. They seemed to be more reputable being on time and accommodating. Its rate, however, is less accommodating compared to the other two shaky companies at 55€. Luckily, you do not have to pay in advance. Did I mention that you get the entire van to yourself? Not too shabby!

So I sent a reservation to Shuttle-Inter hoping they will return a confirmation email. Yes! I'll have a driver at the airport waiting for me with my name on it. I should've told them that my name was Lucca. That would've been cool. hah. Worst case scenario: driver doesn't show up, I will just have to immerse myself in the mysterious world of taxi rates... and hope they're not a gypsy waiting to mug me of my empty wallet.

2 comments:

  1. Did your transportation situation work out smoothly? How are you? Don't forget that you owe me something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked well! 55 Euros and 5 Euro tip... kind of pricey but he got me where I needed to be? I wouldn't take it if I didn't have so many pieces of luggage hah

    ReplyDelete